To be able to report JIRA issues on Insight objects, you need to setup at least one Insight custom field.
Choose Single Select or Multi Select
The Insight custom field comes in two flavours, single select and multi select.
A single select custom field is used when you want to restrict the possibility to associate only one Insight object to each JIRA issue. Configuring the Insight single select custom field will prevent users from associating more than one Insight object to each JIRA issue.
A multi select custom field will allow the user to associate unlimited number of Insight objects to each JIRA issue.
Create the Insight custom field
- Login as a member of the jira-administrators group.
- Navigate to Custom Fields in the admin section of JIRA.
- Click Add Custom Field and select Advanced
- Select the field type Insight Object (single select or multi select)
- Give your Insight Object Field a Name and a Description
- Associate the custom field to the desired screens
Configure the Insight custom field
- Locate your Insight custom field and click on the cog icon and select Configure
- Click on the link "Edit Insight Configuration"
- Select which Object Schema the Insight custom field should use
- Tip: You can create several Insight custom fields to use the same object schema or different object schemas
- Select the Object Type Root, this is the level in the Object Schema structure where you want the custom field to start at.
- Tick the box Include childs to enable selection of all objects under the Object Type Root, regardless of level.
- By selecting "None" you enable the user to select any object in the selected Object Schema.