You will need your own Jira server instance for this tutorial. You can of course try it out in your production environment but we suggest you do it in a test environment.
This tutorial has been tested in Jira Service Desk v3.2.8 and JIRA Software 7.2.8.
To install Insight, take the following steps:
- Log in as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
- Click the admin drop-down and choose Atlassian Marketplace and the Manage apps screen loads.
Tip: Use Keyboard Shortcut instead: Hit g+g or . and start typing manage... .
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page and locate Insight via search. The appropriate add-on version appears in the search results.
- Click Free trial to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Insight. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Insight begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license.