Say goodbye to old cascading selects, multi cascading selects or what ever kind of cascading fields you've used in the past. Say hello to the new Insight Reference Custom Field. Here is how you unleash the power of really deep dependencies.
Choose Single Select or Multi Select
The Insight referenced custom field comes in two flavours, single select and multi select.
A single select custom field is used when you want to restrict the possibility to associate only one Insight object to each JIRA issue. Configuring the Insight single select custom field will prevent users from associating more than one Insight object to each JIRA issue.
A multi select custom field will allow the user to associate unlimited number of Insight objects to each JIRA issue.
Create the Insight referenced custom field
- Login as a member of the jira-administrators group.
- Navigate to Custom Fields in the admin section of JIRA.
- Click Add Custom Field and select Advanced
- Select the field type Insight Referenced Object (single select or multi select)
- Give your Insight Object Field a Name and a Description
- Associate the custom field to the desired screens
Configure the Insight referenced custom field
- Locate your Insight custom field and click on the cog icon and select Configure
- Click on the link "Edit Insight Configuration"
- Select the parent custom field where selected object/s will be used to search for references.
- Select which direction the references should apply. Outbound references are all references that are set on the object/s attributes of type 'Object'. Inbound references are all references from other object/s that reference to the selected object/s.
- You can restrict this custom field to just show JIRA User related objects. Logged in JIRA User will only see the objects where the User is related to. Insight fetches on User type, Group type and Email default type attributes. To restrict an object where a referenced object has a specific user connected (reference deep more the one), you can use an additional IQL. See section 8 below.
You can restrict this custom field to just show project related objects. Users will only see the objects where the current project is related to.
- You can specify which reference types to be fetched. Leave this field blank to choose 'All reference types' if you want all reference types to apply.
You can filter objects on attribute values to make the selection of objects to fit your specific needs. An example could be:
Read more about IQL here.
- You may show/hide this customfield on the customer details. This specific configuration may be removed in future releases when JIRA Service Desk has an open API to fetch this information, or third party custom field support.
In the create/edit view and in the customer portal, you can filter objects on attribute values additional to the IQL mentioned in bullet 8. This selection does not apply in any JQL search. An example could be:
Read more about IQL here.
JIRA Service Desk configuration
Specify if you want the custom field to be shown on the customer portal issue view. Also if the Insight object picker should be available.
Configure attributes to show on JIRA view screen
To configure this, go to the Insight custom field configuration and open the "JIRA View" tab as shown:
Configure the create/edit view in custom fields
You can filter objects on attribute values additional to the general IQL filter mentioned in bullet 8 above
In multiple custom fields, you can specify if user should be able to click "Select All".